POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stonehenge - Spring equinox, dawn (wip) : Re: Stonehenge - Spring equinox, dawn (wip) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stonehenge - Spring equinox, dawn (wip)
From: TC
Date: 15 Jul 2009 09:49:55
Message: <4a5dde83@news.povray.org>
Nice render! Looking good. But I think the large stones are a bit too rough
and should have a more greyish texture. But then, it is a wip.

This may be a bit off-topic, but I cannot help but wonder how stonehenge
really did look when it was still "in use". I really doubt that there were
just the stones and nothing else - there should have been huts or primitive
tents and other things... even priests need to live somewhere.

How did the surrounding landscape look like? Nowadays it is green lawn amid
fields of wheat (or whatever corn). But was this so when the place was
built? Or where there woods? Do you have any idea? Does anybody?